Thursday, November 08, 2007

Graduate Ethics Education

This weekend, I'll be heading to Lexington, Kentucky to represent the University of Washington at the National Conference on Graduate Student Leadership. I'm giving a talk about how ethics education should and can be better incorporated into graduate school. I have 8 minutes... Naturally, I'll be speaking a bit about the Forum on Science Ethics and Policy, but I'll also lay out a case for why providing formal and informal training in ethical reasoning makes for better graduate students.

I had hoped to take my new EEE PC, but it seems as though UPS got confused and shipped it to Ontario, California instead of Seattle. I've already weaned myself down to checking email once a day. I think I can cut the cord for a whole weekend...

No comments: