Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tonight Only: Science and Blues Revue

Last Thursday I had the privilege of watching a preview of NOVA's Intelligent Design on Trial at the Pacific Science Center. The director (Richard Hutton) presented about an hour of the two hour documentary of the Kitzmiller v. Dover Board of Education court case two years ago. If you haven't heard, the special airs tonight at 8:00 PM on PBS.

I want to get this post up before the big event, but don't have the time for a complete analysis. Here are some bullet points:

  • Judge John Jones is prominently featured.
  • We weren't shown the whole thing because it was not finished yet (on Thursday).
  • There was a bit more of the warfare theme than I thought was necessary.
  • I sat next to Carl Bergstrom of the UW Biology department.
  • They used actors to portay the court proceedings; Behe's double is excellent.
  • The basic introductions to the philosophy of science are adequate.
  • I thought the presentation of the science was too simplified.
  • I am thinking of using a mousetrap as a tieclip one of these days.
I look forward to the special tonight. I hope you are too.

No comments: