Monday, October 08, 2007

Asus Eee

My laptop is on the fritz. Five years of service and it doesn't want to start up sometimes and blue screens once week. Usually it just needs a timeout. Anyway, since I just will be using it for word processing and email, I am thinking of replacing my 6 pound monstrosity with an Eee PC, weighing in at just under 2 pounds. The beauty of this one is that it's all flash drive, fits in your palm and is going to cost around $250... if it ever comes out!!! It was supposed to be on sale last month, but everything seems to be hush hush. Anyway, I am on the lookout for it. I'll probably want a test drive to see if my gigantic fingers are too clumsy for the thing... What does Eee stand for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20071011PD218.html

-mark

thomas robey said...

Thanks Mark!

Best Buy or NewEgg... Which do you like better?

Anonymous said...

I would go for Newegg (I think you avoid WA sales tax), however I might see if I could use a 100 dollar coupon at Bestbuy. In August I purchased a computer with Jamie and if you signed up for Clearwire internet you could save 100 dollars on a computer purchase (instant rebate). The guy told me I could just cancel Clearwire the next day and still save 100 bucks on the computer. I don't know if the deal is still good. I found out about it through a Clearwire rep at Bestbuy.