Monday, October 08, 2007

New Series

My five regular readers probably know that my life is in a bit of transition as I transition from lab-land to the world of medicine. It follows that my blog is in flux! While I figure out what it is I want to do with Hope for Pandora during my clinical years, I hope you will bear with me.

Here are my ideas:
  • A running tab about what I like and don't like about medical school.
  • Occasional poetry - that could be messy.
  • Clinical vignettes that are either instructive or touching.
  • Questions of medical ethics.
  • Responses (likely several news cycles behind) to local and national science & medicine policy events.
What do you think?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

*raises hand timidly*
Your blog, your call. That being said... I like reading your posts (or between the lines, in some cases) about the difference between science and medicine. Should be obvious, right? But you never know until you experience both for yourself. And I don't have any experience in either, so your blog is an interesting window into both worlds. Maybe you could run with that and take a broader look at that difference in terms of ethics or policy: Do the demands of science and medicine ever collide? Do they compliment each other? Are they beyond comparison? Or am I just throwing out random stupid questions because it's late?

Anonymous said...

I second Jennifer. I don't comment often, but I learn from you and think that your experience in operating in both medicine and bio-science will be fascinating.

But, take some stress off and post what comes to mind rather than trying to fit your blog into a specified format.

You've done well with that so far. As hard as you are working your brain over the next few years, you should have some fun with your blog, and use it to relax. No one will be using it for your evaluations.