Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Religious Man

So I think I have a biphasic energy profile. I wake up pretty easily and am a morning person without caffeine. Then come 5:00 PM, I hit a second wind that may last late into the night. Let's not talk about the hours between Noon and 5... Anyway, I typically hum or whistle under my breath in the morning. Yes - I am one of those people.

One of the interns (a first year resident) on my medical floor team came up to me the other day, and said, "You must be a religious man." Now, I like this doctor. He's a guy from Eastern Washington with whom I can lament our respective alma maters' losing football records. Evidently there's a saying somewhere that, "He who hums is a religious man." Anyone out there know this one? It could be en espanol.

His proverb was accurate, but what about the secular and non-religious hummers out there?

Want to know what I was humming?
If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there
Not exactly a religious song...

1 comment:

srobey said...

You know, our mother sings that song. Frequently. It is right up there with Do You Know the Way to San José?

I mention this only because there are a lot of people in this world who suggest that I am the one turning into Mom...