Friday, September 21, 2007

Hill Day Snippets

I've been working on a nice report for y'all from my visit on Wednesday to Capitol Hill, but before I post the complete digest, I'll share with you a few sound bites and juicy tidbits.
  • I think I met Kate from the Anterior Commissure, but didn't even know it at the time.
  • "I'm supported by the NIH. We're working on ways that human embryonic stem cells might be used to treat heart attacks. Please vote to keep funding science."
  • The weather was amazing. 80 degrees, mostly sunny, only a little humid. A beautiful Seattle summer day (but with extra haze).
  • I learned about the Jena 6.
  • Next time, don't use homemade business cards.
  • FOSEP Director Reunion!
  • "Is Representative Cubin in? I attended medical school with her son."
  • I recommend the National Museum of the American Indian.
  • Barbara Boxer patted my arm and told me to "Keep up the good work."
  • It's all in the relationships you build on these sorts of trips, not the exact wording of your message.
Anyway, I have a bunch of editing to do on a couple of my manuscripts, so I probably will not roll out my grand summary until later this weekend. Hope you are having a good one!

No comments: