- I think I met Kate from the Anterior Commissure, but didn't even know it at the time.
- "I'm supported by the NIH. We're working on ways that human embryonic stem cells might be used to treat heart attacks. Please vote to keep funding science."
- The weather was amazing. 80 degrees, mostly sunny, only a little humid. A beautiful Seattle summer day (but with extra haze).
- I learned about the Jena 6.
- Next time, don't use homemade business cards.
- FOSEP Director Reunion!
- "Is Representative Cubin in? I attended medical school with her son."
- I recommend the National Museum of the American Indian.
- Barbara Boxer patted my arm and told me to "Keep up the good work."
- It's all in the relationships you build on these sorts of trips, not the exact wording of your message.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Hill Day Snippets
I've been working on a nice report for y'all from my visit on Wednesday to Capitol Hill, but before I post the complete digest, I'll share with you a few sound bites and juicy tidbits.