The folks at the World's Fair blog are conducting a small survey of coffee mug culture. Here's to making it a slightly larger study! They asked:
1. Can you show us your coffee cup?
2. Can you comment on it? Do you think it reflects on your personality?
3. Do you have any interesting anecdotes resulting from coffee cup commentary?
4. Can you try to get others to comment on it?
2. The mug was a gift from Ian Maki, the director of the Community Health Advancement Project (CHAP) and Student Providers Aspiring to Rural and underserved eXperiences (SPARX). The logo represents a now defunct health care outreach program for homeless youth in Seattle. I like the mug because it represents my interest and commitment to health care issues for homeless people. The context of the mug (only slightly staged, but it seems like others did some staging as well...) represents several of my interests. You have already noted that I have fruit juice in stead of coffee in my mug. That's along the lines of sacrilege in Seattle, but I'm okay with that.
3. Every so often I get to tell stories about homelessness and recruit someone to help out on a volunteer project.
4. Will you, kind reader, comment on my blog?