Thursday, July 24, 2008

Market Research

Hi there,

Every so often it's nice to hear from regular readers. Toward that end, DrugMonkey threw out a meme that I thought was worth a try. But instead of posting something on your own blog, all you have to do is post an anonymous (or nominous, I guess) comment. If you read regularly and I don't know about it, it would be nice to hear a little bit about who you are. These days, I think most of my readers come in via google searches because I am not putting much content out, what with my insane schedule. Anyway, here's your charge dear reader:
Tell me about you. Who are you? Do you have a background in science or medicine? If so, what draws you here as opposed to meatier, more academic fare? And if not, what brought you here and why have you stayed?
Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Dan Haley said...

Hi Thomas,

I'm a software developer from Spokane (which you now know about!). I know of people who have a background in science/medicine, but I'm not one of them! My background is actually as an accountant, but I ended up enjoying playing with computers more.

Not sure how I ended up finding your blog, but added it in my rss reader because I enjoyed your writing style. Some of the content occasionally goes over my head (the Burl Ives Trio, HA!), but I enjoy it still. You give a very good insight into the life of a doctor, and seeing things from all sides is definitely important.

Keep up the good work on the blog ...

Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas - Pretty sure you already know who I am, but I'll chime in anyway. Normally you're on my RSS feeder so I'm not even sure I get counted in your statistics... anyway, I'm a high school science teacher in Wisconsin. I like the content of your blog b/c it's accessible to those of us without "Dr." before our names (either via PhD or MD)... you have an interesting perspective on things. Plus, you seem like a nice guy :)
I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing.