Thursday, July 31, 2008

Code-I-fied

I am now certified by the American Heart Association to run a code.

Should someone stop breathing, drop her heart rate below 50, pass out, develop hypothermia, have a stroke, elevate his heart rate to more than 150 at rest, have a heart attack, not have a pulse, or otherwise become unresponsive, I have the requisite knowledge, practice and peace of mind to direct complete life saving measures. In other words, I am ACLS certified.

This does not apply to kids or to individuals who arrive at a compromised state because of trauma. Even so, it's pretty amazing.

And to think four weeks ago I was arguing my case about an unfair grade.

One more night shift for me, then a weekend conference in Portland, than an oral clinical examination in Los Angeles, then...

...back to regular blogging!

No comments: