Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Open Laboratory 2008

Remember when I used to blog about science?

Lately I've been defending a position that scientists and engineers ARE needed in emergency rooms. But these arguments have been confined to physicians' offices in Boston, Chicago and San Francisco. I've neglected (or spared) you my vision (or opinion). So too have posts at my other blogs trailed off, the correction of which would be on my list of resolutions, if I made them.

But here's some good news to jump start my 2009 blogging efforts: Hope for Pandora has been included in The Open Laboratory 2008 for contributing one of the top 50 science blog posts of the year.

Those of you who've been with me the longest may remember my "Dear Reviewer" post from about a year ago. It's a lovelorn account of the complex relationship between author and peer reviewer.

I've read several of the other posts (over the year and this morning) and am honored to be in such good company. Head over to A Blog Around the Clock for the full list, and stay tuned for how you can get your hands on a hard copy or .pdf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being included in Open Lab. Somebody wss nice enoguh to have nominated four of my posts, so I was honored to be among the nominated (said in my best Osacars "I'm just about to go to a party to get hammered" voice.)

It is a great collection of winners this year.