- Traveling by train in the northeast is easy: show up at the station, get on the train, work in peace and quiet for a few hours, get off the train & you're there.
- Staying with friends from med school is great. Since I took 4 years to do my PhD, my classmates are all 4th year residents and therefore very knowledgeable hosts. It saves lots of ca$h, too.
- Traveling light is a must. For me, that's a bike messenger bag and a shoulder garment bag.
- Not seeing or talking to my wife much - The three hour time zone difference further complicates the fact that she is working a night shift and sleeping days, and "everything's in a fog" for her.
- Gum on transit seats. Bad form folks... If only we were in Singapore! My impromptu road extraction kit lacks a key solvent. Hopefully the friendly neighborhood dry cleaners will be able to help me next week. My evaluators will have to look REALLY CLOSE at my backside to notice the gum remnant!
- Answering the SAME QUESTION over and again. At least my response stays the same each time.
Well then! Enough from me...