Thursday, December 20, 2007

End of Days

Okay, so final day (as in day of the final) doesn't exactly count as 'end of days.' None-the-less, it is nice to be almost finished for the year. In about 15 minutes I log on to a web exam for my family medicine clerkship. All over the Pacific Northwest, nervous little medical students (or big ones) will be holed up for three hours in some corner of a hospital or doctor's office answering questions about blood pressure, diabetes, earaches and depression.

At least this exam is a pass-fail test. You have to pass the first time to get 'honors,' but as I understand it, the score is not fed into an algorithm. This is good for me, because as I get older, I do less and less well on standardized exams... More on that later. I have to go complete an academic integrity statement!

No comments: