Tuesday, February 05, 2008

24 States Later

Five hours after I decided to live blog Super Tuesday, I am much more comfortable in my decision to support Barack Obama this Saturday at Washington State's caucus. As I alluded to earlier, I could have gotten behind any of the three leading candidates on the blue side. While I was waiting for returns to come back, I considered in detail some differences between the Obama and Clinton health care plans, and I side with the senator from Illinois. Clinton is better prepared to keep the US on the scientific cutting edge. I bet in the end, the two will end up with really similar policy...

It is strange for me, but a lot of my decision here originates in my gut. I like Obama's approach better. I'd rather have a chat with him than Hillary (though both are in my current top ten!)

Am I glad I did this live blogging thing? Yes. I prefer knowing that I spent 5 hours watching politics than a football game. I did miss out on some quality time for studying topics like HIV disease, and I could have been touching up some comments for reviewers on that paper. But I made this choice. And I don't regret it. It will, however be a while before I live blog. And next time, perhaps I'll just re-edit the same post so that I don't back up my (5) loyal readers' site feeders!

And if for some reason, you missed it live and want to experience my unique perspectives on each state as various major media outlets called them, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to read my reviews as the polls closed.

No comments: