Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Arkansas

The former first lady has AR on the blue side, and the former governor won on the red. The two were never married, however. That would be interesting, wouldn't it. When I was in high school, I went on a church mission trip to Benton, Arkansas where we did home repair a la Habitat for Humanity. On our day off, we all went river canoeing. When one canoe wedged between the current and a rock, I helped free it. In the process, I smashed a finger. For that, I got a splint and some Tylenol-3. Arkansas ERs look similar to those elsewhere. When I grow up, I might be an ER doctor. I probably will not work in Arkansas, however.

2 comments:

Shelli Poole said...

Got any pictures from the Habitat house? I could find it and take a new picture for you to compare. I used to do a blog for Benton (bentonarkansas.blogspot.com) and run I do a social network called MySaline.com (for Saline County, where Benton is the county seat). Also, do you have any pictures of anywhere else in the area? Benton, Bryant, or otherwise, and did you canoe in the Saline River? The area has changed A LOT since the year I'm guessing you were here. Thanks for any help. Shelli in Benton

thomas robey said...

If I have any photos, they are deep in an archive at my parents' house. Ahh - the good old days of film. I'll ask my parents, but I didn't bother taking photos of stuff until I went to college...

It WAS the Saline River. A fun time was had by all, broken finger and all.