Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Imperial Battle Cruiser


On and off for the past 7 weeks, I've been working at the Seattle Veterans Affairs hospital. Many medical students spend part of their time at VA hospitals, but I was not assigned to one until last month. (I completed my geriatrics rotation and part of my radiology clerkship there.) But as with a lot of things these days, the day has come that I will not return to this place for a while.

The reason I am sharing this is to share a funny (if strange) phenomenon I experienced every day on my morning walk from the bus stop or the parking lot. By the time I approached the entry, I had started humming The Imperial March. It didn't matter if I was reading a book on my way in, listening to music or news radio. In the meters approaching the door, I had moved from the well recognized drumbeat to that catchy progression.

I cannot explain this. I mean, it's not like the hospital looks like an Imperial battle cruiser or anything.Or does it...

If your bandwidth is low, you may experience jumpiness in the music.

No comments: