Monday, September 08, 2008

ERAS

I just finished uploading my personal statement, applied to 30 emergency medicine programs and shelled out $365 to the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). That's just one dollar a day to feed an orphaned... wait, that must be something else. I'm just glad I have the opportunity to continue my training to be a physician. Since my wife and I are both applying, we have selected ten cities that have programs that appeal to both of us. They include (from west to east):

The Bay Area
St. Louis
Chicago
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
DC/Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York
New Haven
Boston

This is the end of one stressful task (applying), and the beginning of another (hopefully, interviewing!). Read my personal statement here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no Minneapolis/St. Paul?

Noel Hastings said...

congrats! Hoping to finish mine this week!

thomas robey said...

Too cold for my Hawaiian wife. (I know - Boston and Chicago are on the list...) But the program she was most interested was in Rochester and the one I'd want to go to (Hennepin) was in the twin cities.