Thursday, August 02, 2007

When I Grow Up...

...I want to be a medical student.

Since the hell that I hear is third year medical school looks to me right now more like Elysian Fields (Odyssey 4.563), I decided to share with you the specifics of my clinical training schedule. Assuming my committee releases me from my current servitude on September 13, I will conduct the next academic year learning medicine in the following places.
  • Oct 1-Nov 9: Pediatrics; Children's, Seattle, WA
  • Nov 12-Dec 21: Family Medicine; Anacortes, WA
  • Jan 7-Feb 29: Internal Medicine; Sacred Heart, Spokane, WA
  • Mar 3-Mar 28: Internal Medicine; Harborview, Seattle, WA
  • Mar 31-May 9: Surgery; Spokane, WA
  • May 12-Jun 20: Ob/Gyn; Fairbanks, AK
  • Jun 30-Aug 8: Psychiatry; Seattle, WA
I'll be applying for a carbon footprint waiver for all of that traveling... Fortunately, my wife and I will be in the same city (but not the same hospital) for all but 6 weeks of this adventure.

No comments: