Monday, April 30, 2007

Does Carbon Trading Help?

So you want to carbon trade away your sins of consumption?

I never quite got a handle on how carbon emissions trading worked, and after reading this article in the New York Times (Cartoon by Ron Barrett of NYT), I don't think I want to start anytime soon... My take-home from this article is that carbon neutrality is that,
“The worst of the carbon-offset programs resemble the Catholic Church’s sale of indulgences back before the Reformation.”
This quote refers to the worst, and I am sure there are legit operations out there, but frankly, I don't have the time or cash to seek them out. Methinks a better approach is to reduce the impact I personally make on the environment.

To hold myself accountable and to offer content of interest to you, my handful of readers, I will be making a weekly post about how to reduce one's carbon footprint. Do you have an idea? Feel free to make a comment on this post or email me.

No comments: