Monday, July 09, 2007

MD/PhD Interest?

I've noticed a surge of referrals from an online forum about folks interested in MD/PhD programs. I am a student in the University of Washington's MSTP, and am happy to answer specific questions about our program or about my take on training the physician scientist. You can find one of my email addresses with only a little digging, OR you can comment on this entry. I am scheduled to defend September 13, and am very happy to be getting back on the wards.

You will probably notice that only a portion of my posts deal explicitly with medical research and graduate school. That's because I believe some physicians and scientists should assume more of a citizen's role - able to communicate about science and medicine in the context of public policy, general understanding and pop culture. This blog is meant to improve my communication skills in those areas.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: